Friday, September 23, 2016

[DOCUMENT + DECORATE] Photo Garland

Professional Day + Rain + Cozy Fire + Hot Chocolate and a ridiculous Fred Movie = Craft Time for Mama.

A couple weeks ago I ventured into Michael's to drool over the illuminated tin shapes that are worth a small fortune and lo and behold...THEY WERE ON SALE. After the well deserved happy dance ended, I dove into the bin and pulled out the most perfect, galvanized heart. I instantly fell in love (and who wouldn't at 70% off) and yesterday I found the perfect spot on my window. Of course, this little addition to the living room meant redecorating the entire room and taking a closer look at this window. It needed a little something something so out came the scrap booking supplies, washi tape, glue and Instagram and voila.

A photo garland!! I've seen this idea for weddings and birthdays but why not everyday. I downloaded some of my favourite Instagram images and printed them at 3.75" x 5" and left some photos as a square with a white band below for text and some I cropped to fill the entire rectangle.

On the square images, I added strip of washi tape and a bit of text. The rectangle images were left as is, or had the addition of some fun cutouts I had in my stash.

The small prints and text are from an Ali Edwards Project Life kit that I've had for ages...glad I didn't sell it. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment