Monday, December 28, 2015

[JOURNAL] Nature Journal Inspiration

Back in 2015 BH (Before Hazel) we had a lovely Nature Table in our living room filled with finds from our walks, travels and gifted to us from our fellow nature enthusiasts. But alas, 'the dog' came along, and my beautiful table came to an end. I have thought up some other clever ways to display our collections that are more pet friendly which I will post soon, but in the meantime, my head has been spinning with ideas on how to create a Nature Journal.

I have been wanting to start a journal of this sort for quite some time now and found myself up wayyyyy too late last night looking for inspiration.

During this search, I came across Fionna Watson - an illustrator from the UK - her nature pages in her untitled book are so simple and unique. I want to put them on my wall!

I love the journalistic approach Kolby Kirk aka 'The Hike Guy' uses in his journals - lots of documentation with beautiful illustrations. His journals are amazing...make sure to visit his site.

Botanical specimens pressed, taped and labelled on pages from the famous poet, Emily Dickinson's journal!

Beautiful watercolour illustrations by artist Claire Walker Leslie.

Whatever style, medium or process you choose, a Nature Journal is a wonderful way to document, research and learn more about the natural world we live in. Happy Journaling!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment